One of a Kind Opportunity, a Letter from the Owner
Sitcom Penthouse Apartment
If you were to create a new sitcom for a major television network and you wanted to set the show in downtown Portland, Oregon, where should you situate the fictional dwelling for your characters? Well if you’re thinking along the lines of shows like Mary Tyler Moore, or Frasier, or Friends, then you would likely want to situate the too-largely-sized sitcom penthouse apartment squarely where you find this impossible gem of a real-life property: Unit #G9 at RiverPlace.
#G9 is a rare waterfront unit that has become available at Portland’s downtown marina. This property is in the epicenter of RiverPlace, Portland’s downtown waterfront neighborhood located at the heart of Portland’s Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Built alongside the Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel (voted a Top Pacific Northwest Hotel by Conde Nast Traveler and Best Portland Hotel by USA Today) this upscale penthouse residence evokes urbane yet unpretentious affluence. #G9 has been lovingly cared for by few owners since it was erected in 1986 on the former historic site of the Battleship Oregon floating monument and museum. This residence is generously sized. It is unique because it is a one-level unit located in a low-density development that is both private and lushly gardened.
#G9 is one of the few marina residences located at the RiverPlace Condominiums. This residence is located in the G building, adjacent to garden-facing residences as well as fancy Kimpton Marina Suites. RiverPlace esplanade is a European-style promenade of shops and eateries that are frequented by office workers and tourists during the day—yet remains peacefully serene during the evening.
Living in #G9 allows one to have an upscale, urbane, and safe park-adjacent mode of living. One might be able to replicate this perfect dreamy safe marina esplanade with panoramic views elsewhere on the planet, but in very few places. Maybe somewhere like France or Scandinavian countries? Australia? Hard to say. The confluence of coincidences surrounding the manifestation of #G9 makes this dwelling an ideal choice.
Private-Like Tree House
A sophisticated urbane buyer will note unique features of this residence that make for impossible yet delightful contrasts. Consider for example that #G9 is:
* In the absolute epicenter of this exploding vibrant city, yet it is quiet and privately nature-adjacent, with private park space for residents and hotel guests. Given that this is a dog-centric neighborhood with ample parks, RiverPlace is an ideal place to live for professionals with pets.
* Lively with daytime upscale dining, espresso, and boutique shopping, yet very calm and quiet at night thanks to vigilant night security, safety monitoring, and active neighborhood patrol. In late summer evenings, it is a much more pleasant stroll at night from Keller Auditorium to RiverPlace Marina than it is from the Keller to the Pearl.
* Open and sunny with natural light and cross-breeze, yet private like a treehouse. It can be aggravating to open your blinds just to see fifteen living room windows facing your own window, right? Some condo-heavy areas of Portland are like that. But thanks to happenstance, city geography, and low-density spacious large units that made sense to build in 1986 but would be claustrophobically denser if built in 2019—an opportunistic buyer will note the smart investment of attaining a modern and revitalized dwelling in what is essentially a “grandfathered in” private and serene park condo development.
* Situated upon some of the most high-value land in Oregon and in the heart of a dynamically growing downtown, but fortressed and safe from any adjacent future development that may negatively impact views and amenities of this specific residence. Isn’t it the worst when a Pearl buyer ends up losing their condo view to an even larger skyscraper that gets built across the street? That won’t happen here between this residence and the marina. If new properties come online and new attractions arrive at the waterfront, this residence will still continue to be at the heart of it all without sacrificing views or its adjacency to greenery.
Enjoy Warm Afternoons, Cool Summer Evenings and Fireworks
This refreshingly renovated penthouse dwelling features magnificent panoramic views that are impossible to replicate at any other vantage point in the city. #G9’s new owner will get multiple decks from which they can enjoy beautiful warm afternoons, cool summer evenings, and—this is the highlight of the year—front-row access to the iconic Portland city 4th of July fireworks show. Did you know that the firework launchpad pulls up in front of this marina every year on Independence Day?? It’s true! #G9’s new owner will host envious cocktail parties with the best fireworks view in town.
And speaking of cocktail parties, the 2015-2016 renovation of this generously sized single-level marina residence was designed with the urbane sophisticate in mind. Design choices were made that were both durable yet upscale, stylish yet neutral, modern yet timeless. The goal of every aspect of the renovation was to create a space that could be authentically lived in and enjoyed as an indoor/outdoor space.
* 2 bedroom condo (1298 sq. feet)
* 2 bathrooms
* Wraparound decks (approx. 200 sq. feet of private outdoor space with views)
* 2 garage spaces located in a secure underground parking facility
* Underground storage unit
* True downtown riverfront condo with Willamette river access—this unit is nestled between the marina esplanade (deck side) and private gated gardens reserved for residents and hotel guests (front entrance of unit).
* Top level unit. Corner unit.
* Soaring vaulted ceilings in living area.
* Traditional wood fireplace.
* Multiple decks attached to this unit featuring commanding views of 6 bridges along the Willamette river.
* Instant access to Waterfront Parks, Shops, Restaurants, Marina.
* Steps from OMSI, downtown skyscrapers, Keller Auditorium, and downtown theaters.
* Full interior remodel carried out between 2016-2017—contemporary transitional style that features a neutral timeless color palette.
* Charming dining room and remodeled kitchen with reclaimed wood breakfast bar.
* Custom bar room with ice maker and extra storage.
Life at the Marina:
* 10-minute walk from sightseeing and shopping, including Pioneer Courthouse Square, Pioneer Square Mall, Pine Street Market food hall, the Portland Farmers Market, the MAX light rail line, and the Portland Streetcar.
* Special downtown fireworks displays occur annually directly in front of this penthouse condo (July 4th Independence Day and Rose Festival).
* Be in the heart of special summertime city events such as the Oregon Rose Festival, Waterfront Blues Festival, The Big Float, LGBTQ Pride, and Mermaid Parade.
* Portland’s manicured riverfront parkways are a unique feature to the city and are rare in the United States.
* Watch the historic Portland Christmas Ships perform a nightly river parade each year throughout November and December.
* Nighttime at RiverPlace is peaceful and quiet thanks to round-the-clock hotel surveillance and security.